Served with a Summons for a Violation of Support Order?

A person is writing on paper at a table

This paperwork is also referred to as a summons, support violation or a child support violation.

Depending on the court date, you may only have a limited amount of time to prepare a response and/or find a Syracuse Family Law Lawyer to protect your interests and to possibly avoid jail time.

The 1st thing you should do is contact an experienced family law lawyer to protect your legal rights.

The 2nd thing you should do is tell your lawyer you were served with a summons for a violation of support. This will alert your lawyer that you only have a limited amount of time to take action.

New York Family Law is complicated so you should meet with an experienced family law lawyer – even if you think your child support matter will be easy or straightforward. The Underwood Law Firm is one of the few firms in the Syracuse area that offers free consultations on Divorce & Family Law so that everyone has an opportunity to speak with an experienced attorney about their case.

The Underwood Law Firm handles all aspects of divorce and family law including child custody, child support, adoption and separation cases in the following areas: Syracuse, Utica, Albany, Watertown, Oswego, Binghamton; Onondaga County and Madison County, including the towns, cities and villages of: Fayetteville, Manlius, DeWitt, Morrisville, Cicero, Liverpool, East Syracuse, Syracuse, Baldwinsville, Camillus, Clay, Fabius, Elbridge, Geddes, Jordan, Lafayette, Lysander, Marcellus, Minoa, North Syracuse, Otisco, Pompey, Salina, Skaneateles, Spafford, Tully, Van Buren, Eaton, Cazenovia, Canastota, Brewerton, Solvay, Central Square, Cato, Chittenango, Oneida and many other areas.

Updated: 2/28/18